A full member shall be entitled to using the appellation MIFM after his or her name, on condition that:
- the member’s subscription is up to date or arrangements have been made for payment thereof with the Institute. Should payment not be received by the Institute within three months of the commencement of the subscription year, a member’s status shall revert to affiliate membership;
- the member complies with the Institute’s CPD requirements; and
- the member has not been suspended or expelled in terms of the Charter for contravening the Institute’s Charter or Code of Conduct.
Benefits of full membership
A full member shall be entitled to the following membership benefits:
- making use of the Institute’s examinations
- participating in training workshops for general financial markets education or in preparation for examinations with the appropriate discount relevant to this class of membership
- attending conferences with the appropriate discount relevant to this class of membership
- receiving the Institute’s online magazine, advertisements for positions in the financial markets and any other newsletters that the Institute may issue
- participating in any other activities that the Institute may offer to further its main objectives, including continued professional development (CPD) initiatives
- attending and voting at the annual general meeting.
To apply for Full membership of SAIFM, please download and complete the application form and send it back accompanied by a comprehensive CV. SAIFM will then issue you with an invoice which will include the non-refundable application fee of R171 (Inclusive of VAT) as well as the fee for the remainder of the membership year according to a sliding scale, depending on the date of application. Upon receipt of proof of payment, the application will be submitted for approval.