A fellow shall be entitled to using the appellation FIFM after his or her name, on condition that:
- the fellow’s subscription is paid up to date or arrangements have been made for payment thereof with the Institute. Should payment not be received by the Institute within three months of the commencement of the subscription year, a member’s status shall revert to affiliate membership; and
- the fellow complies with the Institute’s CPD requirements
- the fellow has not been suspended or expelled in terms of the Charter for contravening the Institute’s Charter or Code of Conduct.
Benefits of fellowship
A fellow shall be entitled to the following benefits of this class of membership:
- making use of the Institute’s examinations
- participating in training workshops for general financial markets education or in preparation for examinations with the appropriate discount relevant to this class of membership
- attending conferences with the appropriate discount relevant to this class of membership
- receiving the Institute’s online magazine, advertisements for positions in the financial markets and any other newsletters that the Institute may issue
- participating in any other activities that the Institute may offer to further its main objectives, including continued professional development (CPD) initiatives
- voting at the annual general meeting
- eligibility to be elected to the Board of Governors
To apply for fellowship, please send a comprehensive CV covering as a minimum the requirements above, accompanied by a letter addressed to the Board of SAIFM providing a motivation of why you would like to become a fellow of SAIFM and why your admission as a fellow would be in the best interests of SAIFM to Christie-anne van Wyngaardt.