Enrolment takes places online via the SAIFM Virtual Exam Centre. To create or update a profile, select Enrol and enter an identity or passport number. If the database contains information linked to the identity or passport number, the information will display and any changes can be updated. If no information is linked to the identity or passport number, the required information must be completed.
Time limits within which exams must be taken
Exams must be taken within 6 months of date of payment. After the 6-month period, the right to take the assessment lapses and no refunds will be made. Should a candidate wish to take the exam after the 6-month period, the exam will have to be repurchased.
Purchase the exam by credit card
The exam(s) can be purchased by adding them to the shopping basket at the Virtual Exam Centre and proceeding to checkout to pay by credit card through the secure credit card facility.
Access to the learning material will be automatic after the payment has been made.
Purchase the exam by cash, cheque or electronic transfer
SAIFM staff cannot accept cash payments. Any cash payment should therefore be deposited into the SAIFM bank account by the candidate.
The following procedure applies when paying by cash, cheque or electronic transfer (EFT):
- Proof of the payment (stamped bank deposit slip or EFT confirmation) must be sent to SAIFM via email to either Susan Jansen van Rensburg or Hayley Pfeifer
- The candidate’s name, ID number and title(s) of the exam(s) to be purchased must be clearly noted on the email.
- Confirmation that SAIFM has received proof of payment should be made telephonically (011 802 4768) once emailed.
- Loading an exam is not automatic as is the case with credit card transactions and can take up to 2 business days for SAIFM staff to process.
It is very important to note that if the above procedure is not followed correctly, the exam(s) may not be loaded. Candidates should NOT instruct the bank to automatically email the payment if paying via EFT. It is advisable to forward the proof of payment to SAIFM once you have received it from the bank with the required details, thus ensuring it has been correctly done.
Payments made by employers
Should an invoice be required before a payment can be made, an email request can be sent to Susan Jansen van Rensburg or Hayley Pfeifer. The following information must be supplied when requesting an invoice:
- Name of company
- Address of company
- VAT number of company
- Name(s) of candidate(s) (Note all candidates must have their information registered on the Virtual Exam Centre before an invoice will be issued)
- ID or Passport number of candidate
- Exams(s) required for the candidate(s)
Once payment has been made, the procedure as outlined above should be followed.
Cheques referred to drawer
Cheques that are referred to drawer by the bank will be subject to such fee that the bank may charge.
The SA Institute of Financial Markets
Account No: 1557 0709 401
Branch Code: 462005
Account Type: Business Account
Exams loaded can be checked by logging onto Virtual Exam Centre using the identity or passport number that was used when enrolling. It is advisable to confirm registration in all cases where a credit card payment was not used.