How do I register for an SAIFM exam?
Complete your details on www.virtualexamcentre.co.za under the enroll tab. Once you have enrolled you may now purchase an exam either by credit card, EFT or bank payment. Please click here for the different payment options.
Must I write the RPE modules in a specific order?
Each module is individually assessed (examined) and has its own learning material. There is no restriction as to the order in which examinations should be taken i.e., it is not required that you be declared competent (pass) in the compulsory modules before continuing with the elective modules. However, for those who are new to the financial markets, it is advisable to do the Introduction to Financial Markets Module before attempting the Regulations and Ethics of the South African Financial Markets.
The modules that you choose to write should be dependent on which modules are required for the specific function you wish to perform. According to our understanding thereof, the combination requirements in terms of the exchanges’ directives and the FSCA requirements are set out under.
How do I request a quotation or invoice for an exam?
Please click here to request a quotation or invoice.
How do I request a tax invoice after purchasing an exam with a credit card?
Please email email@example.com and include your ID number, the name of the exam purchased, the date purchased and the name on the card used when purchasing the exam.
How do I access my study material?
Once an exam is purchased and loaded to your profile, you will then have access to download the study material under the study material tab on www.virtualexamcentre.co.za.
How do a book an exam at a venue?
If you wish to write at an exam venue, you may contact the venue of choice as listed on www.virtualexamcentre.co.za under the exam centres tab. Please ensure you are registered for an exam before making a booking.
Can I write on a Saturday?
A special request may be made. This would be at an additional fee.
Can I review which questions were incorrect in the exam?
Upon completion of your exam once the results have been obtained, you will be allowed 10 minutes
to review the questions and answers that you had answered incorrectly. This is the only time that will
be available for you to review your incorrect answers and you will not be able to review them at a
later stage. Please note that the review function is only available for the Registered Persons exams, the JSE Registered Securities Trader exam and the JSE Bond and Settlement Officer exams.
How long will it take to receive my results?
All multiple-choice examinations will allow you to receive your result immediately upon completion of an exam.
The JSE Equity Compliance Officer examination results will be sent to you within 15 working days.
How do I request a confirmation of exams written or my result sheet?
When will I receive my certificate after passing an exam?
Registered Persons Examinations (such as the Introduction to Financial Markets, Regulation and Ethics, The Equity Market etc.) certificates are digital and emailed in batches every 2-3 weeks.
JSE certificates are printed every 8 weeks and sent to the JSE to be signed by the CEO of the JSE. Once returned to SAIFM, the candidate will then be notified.
Strate certificates may be requested from Strate directly.
Am I eligible for any exemptions?
SAIFM may grant exemption on behalf of the JSE for the following qualifications:
Securities and Investment Institute – Certificate in Securities
FSA (now FCA) Recognition (must be current)
Securities and Investment Institute – Certificate in Securities and Financial Derivatives
Securities and Investment Institute – Certificate in Derivatives
SAIFM Dealer Certificate (SAFEX Junior, Ordinary and/or Senior Certificates)
How do I become a member of SAIFM?
Click here to view the various classes of membership as well as the requirements.
Click here to download the membership application form.
How can I be added to the mailing lists?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the mailing lists of choice.
• Examination and Examination preparation information
• Workshops and CPD events
• Industry related information, including journals
SAIFM is a professional body registered with the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and recognized by the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA). These recognitions allow SAIFM to provide CPD accreditation and award CPD hours to the providers of training. This includes the on-going internal training that is verifiable.
Various services and cost-effective and efficient packages are offered by SAIFM. If you are interested in becoming a CPD accredited provider and having your programmes accredited, please email email@example.com.
Please click here to view the policy and procedure.
Workshops and CPD Events
What workshops or CPD events are available to attend?
Please click here for a list of workshops offered by SAIFM.
Can I advertise a vacancy through SAIFM?
Advertise your financial market vacancy to thousands of potential candidates. Click here for more information and the requirements to advertise a vacancy to the SAIFM mailing list.
How do I schedule a remote exam?
What system requirements are there for taking a remote exam?
- A stable connection
- Web Browser: Latest Google Chrome
- Microphone: Enabled
Where can I take my remote exam?
Your remote testing environment must meet the following requirements:
- Testing location must be indoors (walled), well lit, free from background noise and disruptions.
- No third party may be present in the room or enter the room for the duration of the exam.
- Your workstation and surrounding area must be free of any notes, electronic devices, etc. No content that could potentially provide an unfair advantage during your exam, including that posted on walls or within your immediate area, may be present during your exam session.
How do I make sure my internet connection doesn’t get disrupted during the exam?
With any wireless connection, there can be fluctuations in speed and reliability of a network. Taking a lengthier exam opens up more possibilities for these disruptions to occur. To help ensure you are able to sit for an online exam here are some things you could consider:
- Have a stable connection (fibre is best)
- Identify the place in their house where wifi is strongest and test there
- Do not have other family members using any of the internet bandwidth with Netflix, social media, games, etc.
What security processes does a test taker go through?
In order to start an exam, test takers are required to:
- Provide an original, valid (unexpired), government issued ID, Passport, or driver’s license card.
- Show your workstation and surrounding area.
What is allowed / not allowed in my testing area?
- Unauthorized personal items may not be accessible while testing. Such items include, but are not limited to: outerwear, hats, purses, bags or briefcases, notebooks, watches, cell phones, electronic devices, or wearable technology.
- Written notes, published materials and other testing aids are strictly prohibited.
- Light clothing items removed for comfort such as sweaters, suit jackets, scarves, etc., must be hung on the examinee’s chair, not placed in laps or on the workstation desktop. Outerwear such as heavy coats, parkas, raincoats, etc., is not permitted in the immediate testing area.
- Changing location while testing, turning off lighting or audio, speaking to or receiving aid from other individuals is strictly prohibited.
Can I take a break during the exam?
Leaving the camera view while the exam is in progress is strictly prohibited unless otherwise specified by your invigilator.
Can I test on a tablet?
No. At this time, only laptops and desktop computers are supported for remote SAIFM exams. Dual- monitor configurations are also not allowed.